Women healing women

Every woman who heals herself helps heal all the women who came before her and all those who come after her - Christiane Northrup

Don't get me wrong, some of my best friends are male and some of the best healers and therapists I know are also men. What I want to illustrate here is the beauty and transformation available when women lift up and heal other women.
Ever since I can remember I have had a sense of hiding, not speaking my truth for fear of judgement, not being accepted or even completely rejected by other women. I came to realise that I feared being torn down by other women. I had been gaining qualifications for years to feel confident in being able to support people as a psychologist, reiki therapist and meditation practitioner, These have given me a wealth of knowledge but what I really wanted to share with people has been there all the time, waiting quietly for the right moment. When part of us isn't healed it tends to colour the lens that we look through, tainting our experience of life.
I decided it was time, I wanted to step up, be me and free from fear of being rejected by other women. I didn't want to waste another moment. Its funny how when we put something out into the universe it often conspires to support our desire. Then she arrived, via a curious chain of events. I met another woman who like me felt so deeply the need to speak her truth, to step up and also help other women do the same. When she invited me into her women's circle I instantly wanted to back off (thats what I have always done regarding all women groups). Not this time, I was going to see it through. The very first sitting (online due to the current situation) in the group opened up a huge awareness for me, of just how much I needed this in my life and wanted it. The resistance was strong, but by the 4th sitting I was able to fully release how I was feeling to these other women. The way the group is held is very much down to my friend. She really believes in the power and transformation of women and provides a very safe and healing space. When we dig deep and clear out unhelpful beliefs, connect to the divinity within and release held trauma we break generational patterns.
I have also been lucky enough to meet some amazing female spiritual healers/teachers who also demonstrate a depth of feminine strength and are adept at holding a nurturing, loving space to heal and grow. I have also deepened friendships with women in my life. The only way out is through. What I had feared for years was actually what I needed all along. To fully release control of not being hurt by women. So much time and energy I had wasted keeping my distance emotionally, not speaking my truth and only living up to a small part of who I really am. The cost of releasing control was far greater in my mind. How wrong could I be! I was definitely suppressing my life force. Now I have started my diploma in spiritual coaching and already I am lucky enough to support other women (and men) to let go of all that doesn't serve them, develop a stronger sense of their true self and reach their potential. No more hiding, and its time to embrace the supportive strength of other women around me. I feel like I hit the jack pot!....and I cant recommend it enough. x




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving through the story - Ceremony and fire

Lets talk about grief

The Highly Sensitive Person and Meditation